Are you looking for a paella class with a difference in Barcelona? Do you also love adrenaline and most importantly, Spain’s answer to champagne, some lovely bubbly cava? My Cava Sabrage and Paella Class is borne of a desire to combine this classic gastronomical duo. You are guaranteed to have a blast!
Here’s What You Can Expect
At Savour Academy, you’ll “sabre the moment” as you learn to pop the top off a bottle of cava. After a brief history lesson on the background of champagne sabrage, I’ll show you the safe technique of sabrage. After that it’s every man, and woman for themselves! Joking aside, this is a hands-on workshop where I’ll assist you to sabre your very own bottle of biodynamic cava from the Parés Baltà winery in D.O. Penedès. Successful sabreurs receive a certificate of completion and their sabred cork as a keyring!
We sabre only good quality cava and we drink what we don’t spill, before and during lunch! During this dynamic workshop, you also make a traditional paella from scratch. So when we’re done sabring bottles of cava, we can savour the best local flavours at my table together.
Pairing Paella with Cava
If you’ve had a seafood paella by the beach before you’ll recall the salinity of fresh shellfish, the savoury saffron flavour contrasted with lemon and herbs. Paella goes excellently with white wine in general, but for an extra special mouthfeel, a good cava is next level pairing. This brut cava has a dry freshness, fruit and lively acidity to boot.
More Info About Cava Sabrage and Paella Class
- AVAILABILITY: This is a Saturday lunchtime class from 13h-16h but contact me for alternative days and times
- MENU: We cook a traditional seafood paella, but I can cater to other preferences
- GROUP SIZE: Minimum two participants, maximum 10. For larger groups, get in touch for options
- COST: The price ranges from 79€ to 99€ per person, depending on the group size
- BOOK: Contact me with your request and let’s sabre and savour the moment in Barcelona!