Last of the summer wine? We surely hope not! At Savour Academy we love the local wineries and wines of Catalunya. We look forward to visiting some of the amazing wine festivals and wine fairs in Barcelona and further afield.
Here’s a quick look at the wine festival or wine fair offering during the summer.
When Are the Wine Festivals in Catalunya?
It’s true that we are blessed with wine fairs every month of the year really in Catalunya. But summertime is a special time of year at the local wineries and their wine growing regions within Catalunya. The vines are blooming and coming into veraison (grape maturity) by late summer, with harvest festivals usually at the end of August, then September.
So you can attend a jazz concert in the vines or one of the many scheduled activities happening in and around Catalunya over the summer. There are several summer wine festivals to choose from in 2021!
Summer Wine Fairs and Activities by Month
June Wine Festivals
- 3rd-13th June- Most Wine International Film Festival. A look at some of the best wine making documentaries, with wine tastings.
- 4th-6th June- Vi-Ba Wine Festival in D.O. Pla de Bages. A wine route and cellers opening up for wine tastings and more.
- 12th and 13th June- Temps de Vi Wine Fair in Vilanova i la Geltrú. Local winemakers tend the stalls of this tasting wine fair.
- 25th June- Festival Música a les Vinyes, concert in the vineyards of Subirats. A series of wine tastings with music performances at the wineries.
July Wine Festivals
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th July- Vijazz Vilafranca taking place in Vilafranca del Penedès. Multiple venues hosting this jazz and wine extravaganza.
- 3rd July- Tastjazz a la Fortalesa Vilars d’Arbeca. Wine tasting with concert at the fortress of Vilars D’Arbeca.
- 17th and 24th July- Festival Música a les Vinyes. More concerts in the vineyards of Subirats.
- 3rd, 10th and 17th July- Instants Festival in Subirats. Some sunset concerts with cava pairing at Cellers Carol Vallès.
August Wine Festivals
- 27th, 28th and 29th August- Festa de la Verema de l’Espluga de Francolí. Traditional wine festival for D.O. Conca de Barberà wines.
Don’t Miss the Autumn Festivals Starting in September!
During September, every Catalan D.O. (wine growing region) runs their own harvest festival with a great agenda of activities. The dates are usually confirmed during the summer, so be sure to contact me for an update on the best Autumn and harvest festivals happening in Catalunya!